With the desire to not only watch more movies but also to blog more in 2018, I’ve decided to take a part in Cinema Shames 2018 activities. Each month they will provide a prompt, and you just need to watch a movie that fits the parameters and then blog about it. More info can be found here.
The January prompt is to create a 2018 Shame statement.
I’m keeping my statement simple and in house. Basically, I am choosing 12 movies I already own that I feel like I should’ve seen by now. I will also participate in the monthly prompts, as time permits.
I’m going to list my 2018 shame statement films in alphabetical order, as I created the list by browsing my collection and writing titles down as I came to them.
Without further adieu…
- 28 Days Later – A title that is a new addition to my movie collection. I was working at Blockbuster Video when this hit home release, but wasn’t really into “modern” horror at that time. Yes, I know 16 years has passed since it came out, and my tastes have changed a lot since then. More than likely, this will be my selection for October.
- All the President’s Men – Added to my collection in 2015, based upon recommendations from twitter friends @aj_macready and @shouttheboogie, and I still haven’t seen it. Time to rectify this.
- Bull Durham – I love a good baseball movie, and this was recommended to me via @humanbeanjuice9 on Twitter back in 2015. Picked it up then, but still haven’t given it a watch.
- Conan the Barbarian – A movie that my wife loves (her family watched a lot of ’80s Schwarzenegger growing up), and one I been wanting to see since hearing it covered on @80sAllOver. wasn’t big into Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery films as a kid, so lots of blind-spots in those categories.
- Dirty Dancing
- Edge of Tomorrow – The most recent movie on this list, and one that I am still shocked I haven’t watched yet.
- Heat – So many people have recommended this to me, so it’s time to see what it’s all about.
- Man of Steel – This will actually be my selection for January, as I have already seen it and have a blog-post pending.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – I actually thought I was going to watch this in 2017, but never got around to it.
- Police Story
- Touch of Evil – Something older to round out the list. I love a good noir film, but for some reason or another I’ve let this one slip by me.
One a month seems most doable, as I have plenty of other things to tide me over in between. I’m always taking movie recommendations, so feel free to throw one my way either in the comments section or on twitter @jrwells82.